2015 Color of the Year
Upbeat, optimistic Coral Reef celebrates time for renewal.
Perfectly suited to celebrate a mid-decade year that’s poised for revitalization, Coral Reef (SW 6606) is Sherwin-Williams Color of the Year 2015. The uplifting, vivacious hue with floral notes is the perfect mélange of pink, orange and red that can be used to liven up any space.
“Coral Reef embodies a cheerful approach to design that we’re seeing for the coming year. Its unexpected versatility brings life to a range of design aesthetics, whether traditional, vintage, cottage or contemporary,” said Jackie Jordan, Sherwin-Williams director of color marketing.
Add Coral Reef to residential or commercial spaces and watch creativity blossom. Here are some design ideas for Coral Reef:
- Let the color stand by itself on a single accent wall or front door for a pop of color.
- Pair with complementary colors as Color Reef’s outgoing personality begs for company.
- Paint a piece of furniture as a great accent piece.
- Driftwood, medium wood tones and metal finishes also complement its flower-garden hue.
- For vintage quality that’s hard to beat, Coral Reef and aged matte brass make a perfect pair.