5 Little Remodeling Touches That Make a Big Difference

by Samantha Schoech

Make your life easier while making your home nicer,
with these design details you'll really appreciate


When we did our remodel, our contractor suggested a thousand things I had never really thought about. They weren't necessarily design considerations; they were more quality-of-life considerations — just little things you didn't know you were missing until you had them.

Here are five little touches I didn't know I couldn't live without until I lived with them. What are yours?


1. A built-in dish soap dispenser. Because I don't care how nice the bottle is; it's just one more thing cluttering up your countertop.



2. Soft-close hinges. It is impossible to slam a drawer or cabinet in my kitchen. Each closes with a small whisper. It's calming somehow.




3. Large kitchen drawers. Looking down into a well-lit space is much better than looking deep into a dark cabinet. In this kitchen large drawers have completely replaced cabinets. Just make sure they are all soft close.



4. Undercabinet lighting. I know this seems like a no-brainer, but before I had it I never knew how useful it could be for task lighting and mood lighting. But spring for LEDs. We opted for fluorescent to save money, and we regret it.




5. Dimmer switches. Because there are a thousand stops between on and off.


Ready to get started on your kitchen remodel?  Stop by Cabinet-S-Top located at 1977 Medina Road, Medina, OH  44256 ~ 330.239.3630 ~ www.cabinet-s-top.com


Comments

Popular Posts